As always, Internet Solutions HK, one of the best Hosting providers in Hong Kong SAR, continues to update and keep up with current trends in the technology industry. We now welcome Litecoin, the sixth largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of $9 billion, as another method of payment that offers low transaction fees, anonymous and almost instant transactions.
We are glad to announce that you can now use Bitcoins to pay for Website Hosting products. After a long period of testing and integration in our website www.internetsolutions.hk we are sure that this new option is safe and will bring convenience to many clients.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system. It is a consensus network that enables a new type of payment method and a completely digital form of money. It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. From a user perspective, Bitcoin is perhaps best described as ‘cash for the Internet’, but Bitcoin can also be seen as the most prominent triple entry bookkeeping system in existence.
The beauty of Bitcoin is that it requires no central servers or third-party clearing houses to settle transactions – all payments are peer-to-peer (P2P) and are settled in about 10 minutes – unlike credit card payments, which can take weeks or months before they’re finally settled.
Bitcoin is still a cutting-edge experiment in technology and economics, and like the worldwide web in 1995, its myriad potential, purposes and applications are yet to be decided. Is it just electronic money? A foundation for smart contracts and electronic shares? Is it underground and subversive, challenging the power of governments, or will it integrate into mainstream finance and go unnoticed? If you know the answers to any of these questions, or if you can figure out how to capitalize on them there may be many lucrative opportunities for you in the Bitcoin space.
Internet Solutions Hong Kong Introduces our New Website Builder which aims to make Building awesome websites quick and simple. Not only is it easy for anyone to use and totally free.
We introduce you to our website builder in this article. a website builder can be a really great way to easily create and manage a website.
What is the ISHK site Builder?
The ISHK site builder is an HTML5 site builder that lets you easily build and edit a web page grid. We made an interface as simple and intuitive as possible, so it doesn’t take you long to get along with the User Interface.
How do I get started?
The best thing about our page builder, you don’t have to be an ISHK Customer to enjoy using our site builder.
There are two ways you can access our site builder:
- If You are an ISHK Customer, You can quickly access our website builder by login into your cPanel and look under software or search for “website builder” within cPanel to enjoy using our site builder.
- Or you could just visit https://www.internetsolutions.hk/websitebuilder/ by typing it into your browser
Once you are there (at the URL), you will need to create an account using an email of your choice if you not already used the site builder previously, Enter your login email and password.
Building your first page using the website builder?
Assuming you went ahead and logged in using the login form screenshotted above, we can now begin the creation of our first website by clicking the button in the centre of our dashboard labelled “Create one now” or the button within the header navigation labelled “Createe a new project“.
You should be presented with the following overview:
The site builders start wizard will present you with over 19 templates. You have the option of filtering through the templates using its filtering tool.
Found on the left, The filter tool arranges the various templates by colour and categories inclusive of the landing page, blog and portfolio. The filter also holds a button labelled “Start With Blank Page” which is the option to start with a blank page.
We will be building a landing page in this scenario, aimed at prospective users of our website builder. The template will be using in our tutorial is the “Flatty” template hence we will select landing pages from the wizard filter.
We won’t go deep into the UI but we will provide you with a breakdown of the various options below.
Elements – this subsection contains options to be added to the page you are creating. Sub-divided into components, layout, media, topography, Buttons and forms.
Inspector – inspectors provide the options to modify a selected area or page element within the template being edited depending on the elements and/or page area selected, you will be provided with the options of attributes, background, shadows, padding, margin, text style, border and border roundness.
Pages – page host the option to edit elements of the current page you are working on and the option to add additional pages. options inclusive of editing page name (about.html or index.html), page title, descriptions, page tags (also known as the page keywords). This menu also present you with the option to change the current template or simply erase the template.
Themes – This menu presents you with the option to choose from bootswatch’s popular bootstrap themes which modifies the look of your template in various ways.
Settings – This section of the menu hosts personalizable options to how the page builder works for you.
Code Edtr – This menu gives you a code editor so you can edit the raw code if you can code or require the option.
Global Option Menu
These vital options highlighted in red above are always displayed, no matter the options menu that you or on.
Preview – This gives a preview of the website/page as it would look on the browser/device.
Export – This menu presents the option to download/export you currently work in a zip folder. You can choose to download a single page or you could download the entire website/project.
Publish – this presents the option to publish your current work via FTP to your website/server.
Devices – This changes the view within the editor and the preview to match that of the various common device sizes in use. There are four view and device types, The Mobile, the tablet, the laptop and the desktop.
Save – this button pretty much saves the current edits made to your template if you didn’t enable the auto-save option which can be found under the setting menu.
Lookout for our other website builder tutorials which will go into other aspects of the website builder which we haven’t covered here.
So what are you waiting for? Visit the Website Builder NOW!
This blog post is a series which aims to update you every month on the latest updates to our platform and influent news the month.
We are very proud to have updated our websites link structure and design.
The update is aimed to keep our website up to date with the latest trends and most of all, simplify the user experience.
If you find any bug or errors please let us know: support(at)internetsolutions.hk so we can fix it as soon as possible.
Below is a screenshot of our new look.
Our Knowledgebase has new entries aimed at helping you solve issues and learn.
Here are updates made during the month of July:
- WEBSITE DESIGN UPDATE
- Connectivity Issues Server Athena
- Kernal Update
- Website Design Update
- Athena Server Reboot
Do you like our new website design? How helpful were these updates?
See you Next time with another ISHK Update.
Be sure to follow us on all our social channels as we aim to help you through your online success.
It is time again for a WordPress Update, as the WordPress development team has released WordPress 4.8 on June 8, 2017. This is the first Major WordPress Release of 2017 which has new features and enhancements. In this article, we will show what new features were added.
This version most previous versions are named after Jazz composers. This Edition is nicknamed “Evans” in honor of the Jazz pianist and composer William John “Bill” Evans.
If you have auto-update enabled via softaculous, you should have received an email alerting you of your website is updated.
If not, then you should be able to enable the updates by visiting the “Update” section withing your menu highlighted in the screenshot or see an alert within your WordPress Admin area.
NB. Create a Complete WordPress Backup before making an update.
Three New Media Widgets
- Image Widget – this widget enables you to add an image to the sidebar/widget area by selecting and/or uploading it to your media library with options for title and whether you want the image to have a link to a URL.
- Video Widget – similar to the image widget, this enables you to embed a video within your sidebar/widget area. You can either select/upload to your WordPress media library or use videos from YouTube, Vimeo and other oEmbed providers.
- Audio Widget – like the Image and video widgets, This widget enables you to easily add audio files to the sidebar/widget area. It uses an HTML5 audio player and supports MP3, OGG, and WAV audio file formats
- Rich Text Widget – in previous editions, The Text widget area didn’t include a much needed visual editor. This edition gives you an improved visual editor like the one used to composed blog entries.
Nearby WordPress Events
This New Dashboard widget displays news as well as events near your location. If you have multiple users of your website dashboard, each user will see events near their location.
This widget uses an IP at api.wordpress.org to guess the user’s location based on the IP address hence if you are using a VPN, events near your server will be prominent. You can also manually change the location to see events near your from around the world.
Have you ever tried updating a link, or the text around a link, and found you can’t seem to edit it correctly? When you edit the text after the link, your new text also ends up linked. Or you edit the text in the link, but your text ends up outside of it. This can be frustrating! With link boundaries, a great new feature, the process is streamlined and your links will work well.
Other Updates for WordPress 4.8
If you are a WordPress Developer then the following updates will be of interest. If you are not a developer, feel free to skip to the conclusion of this article.
- variable customizer width – If you have used the live customizer large screens, You may have noticed the sidebar looking narrow. This update makes the sidebar proportionate to the screen within the live customizer.
- username prominently displayed on edit user screen
- Tag cloud widget will not use title tag – the title tag is now replaced with the easily accessible aria-label attribute
- More Accessible Admin Panel Headings – New CSS rules mean extraneous content (like “Add New” links) no longer need to be included in admin area headings.
- Removal of Core Support for WMV and WMA Files – As fewer and fewer browsers support Silverlight, file formats which require the presence of the Silverlight plugin are being removed from core support. Files will still display as a download link, but will no longer be embedded automatically.
- Multisite Updates – New capabilities have been introduced to 4.8 with an eye towards removing calls to
is_super_admin()Additionally, new hooks and tweaks to more granularly control site and user counts per network have been added.
- Media Widgets API – The introduction of a new base media widget REST API schema to 4.8 opens up possibilities for even more media widgets (like galleries or playlists) in the future. The three new media widgets are powered by a shared base class that covers most of the interactions with the media modal. That class also makes it easier to create new media widgets and paves the way for more to come.
So those are the latest features and enhancements which were added to the latest version of WordPress. Feel Free to email us at support[at]internetsolutions[dot]hk if you run into any issues while making your update.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest tips, tricks, deals, and updates on how to improve your website, SEO, Business and More.