Below you can find a To-do List that will be highly useful if you want to improve search rank in Google.
- Include Meta Tags
- Check URL Structure and Optimization
- Use Header Tags
- Use a clear navigation structure
- Add Rich Content relevant to your keywords
- Internal links optimization
- Speed optimization (Reduce images and code size)
- Add Sitemaps
- Add Robots.txt
- Use Structured Data (Google’s webmaster tools for more info)
- Include a video
- Include a Blog to generate fresh content
- Send Press Releases
- Do Search Engine Submission
- Do Directory Submission
- Add Social Bookmarking
- Do Articles Submission
- Blog in third party websites
- Blog Commenting with signature with your domain
- RSS Submission
- Post Classified ads
- Use Google Places if relevant
- Include Business Listings
- Use Local Listings
- PDF/PPT/Video Submission
- Participate in Forums related to your industry
- Profile Creations for company and staff
- Use Social Pages (Facebook, Linked, Twitter)
- Participate in Question & Answers (Quora.com, Yahoo Answers)
- Image Submission (Pinterest.com)
- Include your page in Yahoo Listings (Paid fee)
- Do regular Competitor Analysis
Wherever possible you need to include relevant Keywords or Keyphrases that link to your website’s homepage or important inner pages according to the keyword.
Myth #1: If your domain name is not .cn, it might get blocked by the Chinese government.
The truth: If the Chinese government wants to block your site, they can do it, doesn’t matter which TLD (Top Level Domain) you are using.
If you host your website in Mainland China you will have to apply for an ICP licence from the government. Otherwise your website will be blocked sooner than later.
Myth #2: Baidu will rank my site higher if it’s a .CN domain.
There is no real proof. Baidu ranking algorithm is different than Google’s. Any TLD can rank higher than a CN domain. This only depends of the SEO of your website and not the domain you use.
Myth #3: It is best to use a .cn or .com.cn rather than a .com domain.
Chinese people prefer .com domains over .cn domains.
This is the result of years of faulty, low quality products and fakes. Chinese citizens prefer to buy anything that is foreign or imported. This includes websites of any kind. This may explain why the top 3 websites in China use .COM domains: Baidu.com. QQ.com, Taobao.com.
Myth #4: You need to be Chinese or have a Chinese business entity to own a .CN
If you are are not a Chinese Citizen you can also register a Chinese Domain name! You only need to provide a valid government issued ID like your passport. The application time is 1-2 business days. The only requirement is that you cannot host the domain in Mainland China.